By Namkhai Norbu Rimpoche
Early background of Tibet mainly in the course of the reign of Bonpo kings from 1st cent. B.C. to fifth cent. A.D. in response to Bon resources.
Read Online or Download Drung, Deu and Bon: Narrations, Symbolic Languages and the Bon Tradition on Ancient Tibet PDF
Similar ancient books
This Blackwell consultant introduces historical Greek drama, which flourished largely in Athens from the 6th century BC to the 3rd century BC.
• A broad-ranging and systematically organised advent to historic Greek drama.
• Discusses all 3 genres of Greek drama – tragedy, comedy, and satyr play.
• offers overviews of the 5 surviving playwrights – Aeschylus, Sophokles, Euripides, Aristophanes, and Menander, and short entries on misplaced playwrights.
• Covers contextual matters reminiscent of: the origins of dramatic paintings types; the conventions of the fairs and the theatre; the connection among drama and the worship of Dionysos; the political measurement; and the way to learn and watch Greek drama.
• contains forty six one-page synopses of every of the surviving plays.
This daring and illuminating research examines the position of archaeology within the formation of the trendy eastern kingdom and explores the procedures in which archaeological perform is formed by means of nationwide social and highbrow discourse. best eastern archaeologist Koji Mizoguchi argues that an figuring out of the previous has been a significant part within the construction of nationwide identities and smooth country states and that, due to the fact that its emergence as a unique educational self-discipline within the smooth period, archaeology has performed a major function in shaping that figuring out.
The delivery, progress and decline of the Vandal and Berber Kingdoms in North Africa have frequently been forgotten in reports of the overdue Roman and post-Roman West. even though fresh archaeological job has alleviated this example, the mammoth and disparate physique of written facts from the sector is still relatively missed.
- The divine comedy of Dante Alighieri : a poetic translation in iambic pentameter and terza rima
- Great Ancient China Projects You Can Build Yourself (Build It Yourself series)
- Teaching with Reverence: Reviving an Ancient Virtue for Today’s Schools
- The Ancient Mariners: Seafarers and Sea Fighters of the Mediterranean in Ancient Times
- The Atlantis Blueprint: Unlocking the Ancient Mysteries of a Long-Lost Civilization
Additional info for Drung, Deu and Bon: Narrations, Symbolic Languages and the Bon Tradition on Ancient Tibet
8. The 'Way of the Primordial Shen' (ye gshen theg pa), containing further tantric teachings. 9. The 'Supreme Way' (yang rtse blamed theg pa), comprising the Dzogchen teachings. 18 iv REVEALED BON, DERIVED BON AND TRANSFORMED BON Let us now analyse the classification of BOn found in texts of the Buddhist tradition. In the majority BOn is subdivided in three fundamental types corresponding to three historical periods: 'revealed' BOn (rdol bon or 'jol bon), 'derived' BOn ('khyar bon) and 'transformed' BOn (bsgyur bon).
They then decided that to inform them of the exact date she would leave some signs on the latse (cairn)46 on top of the pass. When the time came the King of Tibet with his ministers and several thousand soldiers went to the place they had agreed, accompanied by his Minister Nangnam Legdrub. The King was the first to climb to the peak of the pass, where he found a pan full of water containing three objects: a small piece of gold, a small piece of conch shell and a poisoned arrow head. " They made the necessary preparations, and when the two kings met the Tibetan soldiers slew the King of Shang Shung.
She told him "Deliver to me the basic texts and commentaries of my Four Series of Divine Bon and the Fifth, the Treasury! If you do not hand them over to me, and instead transform or destroy them, you will not have the time to propagate false teachings because I will end your life at sunset! ", and disappeared into nothingness. The King was frightened and started to worry. yung drung bon) is vast and manifold, it has been classified and committed to writing in the 'Four Series and the Fifth, the Treasury'.