By Katina T. Lillios, Michael Chazan
This quantity honors the profession and contributions of Andrew M.T. Moore. Moore’s groundbreaking paintings at Abu Hureyra, Syria and excavations at Neolithic websites in Croatia have made him a pioneer in built-in interdisciplinary learn in archaeology, expressing a deeply held conviction that advancements in human tradition can in simple terms be understood while embedded in an ecological procedure. during this e-book, colleagues and previous scholars of Moore, operating within the close to East and Croatia, current present study, illustrating the continued impression of Moore’s paintings at the early farming and herding peoples of the jap Mediterranean. Contents Preface: humans, panorama, and alter in Prehistory Michael Chazan and Katina Lillios Andrew M.T. Moore: A existence in provider of Archaeology and the Academy Katina Lillios Abu Hureyra 1 in Northwest Syria: “Periphery” not more Brian Boyd past due higher Paleolithic and preliminary Epipaleolithic within the Marshlands: A View from Tor Sageer, Wadi al-Hasa, Jordan Deborah Olszewski A highway good Travelled? Exploring Terminal Pleistocene Hunter-Gatherer actions, Networks, and Mobility in japanese Jordan Lisa Maher chance administration and glossy Rural Behaviour: Reconstructing Landscapes and Landuse in Neolithic Cyprus Sarah Tyrell Stewart The Neolithic in Dalmatia and Andrew M.T. Moore’s Contribution to its research Marko Mendušic Villages, Landscapes, and Early Farming in Northern Dalmatia Sarah McClure and Emil Podrug Navigating the Neolithic Adriatic Timothy Kaiser and Stašo Forenbaher Taking a Lévy stroll: Early Hominin Mobility within the decrease Paleolithic of the Southern Levant Liora Horwitz and Michael Chazan the standard Neolithic humans of Abu Hureyra Theya Molleson
Read Online or Download Fresh Fields and Pastures New: Papers Presented in Honor of Andrew M.T. Moore PDF
Similar ancient books
This Blackwell consultant introduces old Greek drama, which flourished mostly in Athens from the 6th century BC to the 3rd century BC.
• A broad-ranging and systematically organised advent to historic Greek drama.
• Discusses all 3 genres of Greek drama – tragedy, comedy, and satyr play.
• presents overviews of the 5 surviving playwrights – Aeschylus, Sophokles, Euripides, Aristophanes, and Menander, and short entries on misplaced playwrights.
• Covers contextual concerns comparable to: the origins of dramatic artwork kinds; the conventions of the gala's and the theatre; the connection among drama and the worship of Dionysos; the political size; and the way to learn and watch Greek drama.
• contains forty six one-page synopses of every of the surviving plays.
This daring and illuminating examine examines the position of archaeology within the formation of the fashionable eastern kingdom and explores the strategies wherein archaeological perform is formed by way of nationwide social and highbrow discourse. best jap archaeologist Koji Mizoguchi argues that an figuring out of the previous has been a important part within the construction of nationwide identities and smooth kingdom states and that, given that its emergence as a special educational self-discipline within the smooth period, archaeology has performed an immense function in shaping that knowing.
The delivery, development and decline of the Vandal and Berber Kingdoms in North Africa have frequently been forgotten in reports of the overdue Roman and post-Roman West. even if fresh archaeological task has alleviated this case, the substantial and disparate physique of written facts from the sector continues to be relatively overlooked.
Additional resources for Fresh Fields and Pastures New: Papers Presented in Honor of Andrew M.T. Moore
Earliest Jericho. Antiquity 33, 5-9. J. 1975. The fauna of Tell Abu Hureyra: preliminary analysis. T. Moore. Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society 41, 74-76. J. 1986. J. M. ). Archaeological results from accelarator dating. Oxford: Oxford University Committee for Archaeology, 13-21. N. van. 1967. The Tabqa Reservoir Survey 1964. Damascus: Direction Generale des Antiquities et des Musees. T. 1973. The excavations at Tell Abu Hureyra in 1972. The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, Report for 1972/1973, 21-23.
160) indicates the extent and boundaries of the newly-extended “homeland”. The results of more recent fieldwork in Jordan can now be added to this picture, for example see Richter et al. 2012, 2014; Richter forthcoming). Noting these developments, Olszewski has argued that continued adherence to notions of “core area” or “homeland” in the early Natufian masks the intricacies of landscape inhabitation within the variety of ecological zones that make up the Mediterranean forest zone and immediately adjacent areas (2004, 191).
Chronologies du Proche Orient/Chronologies of the Near East: relative chronologies and absolute chronology 16 000-4 000 BP. S. 379, 267-294. R. 1995. E. ). The archaeology of society in the Holy Land. London: Sheffield University Press, 169-187. R. 1998. R. and O. ). Seasonality and Sedentism: archaeological perspectives from Old and New World sites. Harvard: Peabody Museum, 93-109. Vita-Finzi, C. S. Higgs 1970. Prehistoric economy in the Mount Carmel area of Palestine: site catchment analysis.