By Elisabeth Hollender
This quantity is a compendium of all identified commentaries on Hebrew liturgical poetry (piyyut) preserved in manuscript shape. It comprises references to commentaries from many alternative Jewish groups, such a lot favorite between them Ashkenaz, Tsarfat, Sepharad, Carpentras and Yemen, composed and copied in Medieval and Early sleek instances. Over 18,000 person commentaries on greater than 2,000 poems are indexed with fundamental assets and references to variants the place extant. As an relief to analyze, it describes an unlimited yet hitherto missed style of medieval Hebrew literature and maps out an entire new box of research into medieval Jewish textual tradition. This catalogue permits clients to discover manuscript commentaries on such a lot piyyutim that have been integrated in liturgies in significant Jewish groups.
Read or Download Clavis Commentariorum of Hebrew Liturgical Poetry in Manuscript (Clavis Commentariorum Antiquitatis et Medii Aevi, 4) (Clavis Commentariorum Antiquitatis Et Medii Aevi) PDF
Best ancient books
This Blackwell consultant introduces old Greek drama, which flourished mostly in Athens from the 6th century BC to the 3rd century BC.
• A broad-ranging and systematically organised advent to historic Greek drama.
• Discusses all 3 genres of Greek drama – tragedy, comedy, and satyr play.
• offers overviews of the 5 surviving playwrights – Aeschylus, Sophokles, Euripides, Aristophanes, and Menander, and short entries on misplaced playwrights.
• Covers contextual matters resembling: the origins of dramatic paintings varieties; the conventions of the gala's and the theatre; the connection among drama and the worship of Dionysos; the political measurement; and the way to learn and watch Greek drama.
• comprises forty six one-page synopses of every of the surviving plays.
This daring and illuminating learn examines the position of archaeology within the formation of the trendy eastern country and explores the techniques in which archaeological perform is formed via nationwide social and highbrow discourse. major jap archaeologist Koji Mizoguchi argues that an figuring out of the prior has been a imperative part within the construction of nationwide identities and glossy country states and that, because its emergence as a special educational self-discipline within the sleek period, archaeology has performed a huge function in shaping that figuring out.
The start, development and decline of the Vandal and Berber Kingdoms in North Africa have frequently been forgotten in reports of the past due Roman and post-Roman West. even though contemporary archaeological task has alleviated this case, the large and disparate physique of written facts from the zone continues to be relatively ignored.
- A Companion to Sport and Spectacle in Greek and Roman Antiquity (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Herodotus in Nubia
- The Political Machine: Assembling Sovereignty in the Bronze Age Caucasus
- The Contemplation of Nature in Maximus the Confessor
- The Secrets of Ancient Geometry - And its uses : Volume II
- Ancestor of the West : Writing, Reasoning, and Religion in Mesopotamia, Elam, and Greece
Additional resources for Clavis Commentariorum of Hebrew Liturgical Poetry in Manuscript (Clavis Commentariorum Antiquitatis et Medii Aevi, 4) (Clavis Commentariorum Antiquitatis Et Medii Aevi)
F. 47811. Moscow - Russian State Library, Ms. Guenzburg 533/1 (f. 1a-62b) Yehoshua Segre, ספר חביט חביט, Commentary on Hoshaanot, Minhag Italia, 1791, F. 18341. Moscow - Russian State Library, Ms. , F. 43927. Moscow - Russian State Library, Ms. Guenzburg 674 /2 (f. 40a-58a), Mordekhai b. , F. 47964. Moscow - Russian State Library, Ms. Guenzburg 710 , Mahzor Minhag Carpentras for Shavuot with Azharot of Isaak Qimhi with commentary, 1662, F. 47971. Moscow - Russian State Library, Ms. Guenzburg 775/4 (f.
F. 39593. Jerusalem - Yehoshua Yakobovitz 2, Commentary on Seder Avoda Yom Kippur, not dated, F. 73875. , F. 18772; PH 3819. Klosterneuburg - Stiftsbibliothek St. Augustini 271, Fragment of Mahzor-commentary, Minhag Ashkenaz, not dated, F. 09991, PH 2171/9. Koblenz - Staatsarchiv Abt. 701, Nr. , F. 18668. Koblenz - Staatsarchiv Abt. 701, Nr. , F. 18668. Krakow - Biblioteka Jagiellonska Fr. , F. 41995; PH 5402. –––––––––––––––––––––– 3 The manuscript also commentaries on dirges (pp. 276-283) and on poetical versions for the ceremony of circumcision (oo.
27430. New York - Columbia X893 Ab 93: David b. , F. 20663. New York - Jewish Theological Seminary Benaim 130 , Mose Muati, ( ישיר משהcommentary on the Azharot of Isaac b. , F. 24408. , manuscript burned and damaged, F. 24347. New York - Jewish Theological Seminary Lutzki 888 /3 (f. 61a-79a) Isaak b. Salomo H. , F. 24110. LIST OF MANUSCRIPTS 224. 225. 226. 227. 228. 229. 230. 231. 232. 233. 234. 235. 236. 237. 238. 239. 240. 35 New York - Jewish Theological Seminary Ms. 1393/2 (f. 36a-72b), Tafsir Keter Malkhut in Persian, not dated, F.